1. Only 39% of our kids are reading at grade level. Only 30% are performing at grade level in math. (http://www.cde.state.co.us/assessment/2017cmasdistschoveralresultsmathela)
2. Denver Public Schools have an abysmal graduation rate – lower than even that of Newark, Detroit and Baltimore. (https://www.cde.state.co.us/cdereval/gradratecurrent; https://www.crpe.org/examples/three)
3. Tens of millions of dollars are being mismanaged and paid to financial institutions and lawyers, taxpayer money that would be much better spent in the classroom. (https://financialservices.dpsk12.org/wp-content/uploads/ sites/23/FY16-CAFR_FINAL.pdf)
Download a pdf version of these facts.
November 7, 2017. Ballots will be mailed starting Monday, October 16th. To register, check your registration, or setup ballot tracking search “Denver Elections Division”
When talking with friends, family, etc, make sure the mention the following:
- The election is this November! There are many other candidates already campaigning for 2018. Make sure they understand this is happening now!
- There are seven seats on the school board, four of them are up for election this cycle. This means an opportunity to take back our school board!!
Every weekend – candidates are canvassing – check their Facebook for details.
Phone Banking – ongoing until the end of the election
Saturday, October 21st – Canvass with Sochi!